Get ready to submit for the Polly Bond Awards!
Inspired by Polly Bond, a beloved communicator and founding member of our organization, the Polly Bond Awards for Excellence in Communication recognize outstanding work produced by our members, across a variety of categories.
How do the Polly Bonds work?
Members may submit up to 10 entries for consideration, with a maximum of three in one category. Independent judges — accomplished professionals in the fields of journalism, writing, editing, graphic design, electronic media, social media, marketing and related fields — review these entries, provide written feedback for each, and awards up to three levels of recognition:
2017 Award of Merit - Photography - Liz Bartenstein
1st Place: Award of Excellence
2nd Place: Award of Merit
3rd Place: Honorable Mention
What you need to know:
- Submissions will be accepted for the Polly Bond Awards beginning on December 1, 2017 and ending on January 26, 2018.
- Work must have been completed during 2017.
- You must have been a member of Episcopal Communicators during 2017. Memberships are not available retroactively.
- You must be able to clearly indicate your responsibility for each entry and acknowledge collaborators, including identifying who served as the primary creative driver for the entry.
- Individuals are limited to three entries per category, and ten entries total.
- It costs $30/entry in the General Excellence categories, and $15/entry in the other categories, and fees must be paid via Paypal before your work will be reviewed.
- Awards will be presented at the conference on April 19, 2018. You do not have to be present to win: Anyone who wants feedback on her or his work and wants to see how it stacks up against others in the Episcopal Church should consider entering. Awards and feedback will be mailed to anyone not in attendance.
2017 Award of Excellence - Front Page Spread - Michael Phillips
- Carefully review the category descriptions to ensure the entries you’d like to submit meet the criteria.
- Get buy-in or sign-off from anyone involved in the creative development of the work you plan to submit.
- Make sure you know the correct spelling of any collaborators: How you enter their name is how they will be recognized at the awards show and on the certificate.
- Prepare your files: All entries must include a headshot.
- Plan to attach a face-focused photo, saved in the following format: Headshot.LastName.FirstInitial.jpg (.gif and png will also be accepted.).
- All entries must be submitted digitally via a direct link to the live work, or as a PDF or JPG of the final product. (Periodical categories can also be submitted via Issuu or Yudu.).
- If submitting as a file, save each file as follows: OverallCategory_SpecificCategory_LastName_EntryNumber. This naming convention helps to ensure that the entries are grouped into the correct categories for submission to the judges.
- IE: If Susie Smith is submitted two entries for Photography and one for General Excellence (Best Website), her entries would be named:
- General Excellence_BestWebsite_Smith_1
- Once you have your categories selected and files prepared, click here to complete the entry form and submit payment.
Questions? Check out the FAQs, or contact PollyBondAwards@gmail.com. As much as possible, reach out with questions sooner rather than later! (Please note that no inquiries will be responded to after 8pm EST, on Friday, January 26, 2018.